No action by Labour Inspector to recover dues. What should i do now?
I was working with a travel company and resigned by giving 18 days notice in writing. When they refused to give me my full and final settlement including 42 days' salary on my last working day on 12 Feb, I submitted a complaint to the Labor Inspector on the same day.
However, no action is being taken by the Labor Inspector. Would like to add that while I had no formal contract, all my communication via email and previous salaries via bank transfer are proof of my employment.
How do I get my money?
If the labour inspector has not taken any action, then under Section 33 (c) 2 of the Industrial Disputes Act, you can file your claim directly before the Labour Court for realization of your legal dues.
In this case, only legal dues, i.e., wage dues, overtime wages and leave encashment etc. are awarded and none else. For recovery of PF dues you have to file PF form in the relevant PF department.
Do let us know if you need any assistance in filing of your petition in the Labour Court.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife is asking to buy property after compromising domestic violence
- False FIR filed against me do I need to apply for bail?
- What is procedure for mutual divorce?
- Does my mother have share in her father's ancestral property?
- What is procedure for court marriage