quesMD forced me to resign. Withheld salary. Where can i file my case?

My 2 months (July & Aug’13) salary has been withheld. Before doing so, the managing director has threatened me to resign on email under cc to the other director and his aide. This was on receiving MCD Notice for their illegal advertisements hoardings.


After 2 months verbally over phone I have been asked to leave office premises immediately. Do I have a right to put my case under Prevention of Human Rights Com? L.C-8 hearings advised me to file claim before DLC under Delhi Shop & CE.


  • ans


    If you are a workman, for recovery of your salary dues, you can file a claim under the 'Shops and Establishment Act' before the Deputy Labour Commissioner or before Labour Court under Section 33 C(2) of the Industrial Disputes Act, or a petition before the Authority under the payment of Wages Act (in some cases it is DLC or in some States it is one of the labour courts).


    If your grievance extends to illegal termination, then you may file a complaint petition before the Assistant Labour Commissioner and after he holds a mediation, he will refer the matter to the labour court for trial against illegal termination.


    We do not see much merit to allow your case under the Prevention of Human Rights, as your grievance primarily is about injustice imparted to you by your employer and comes under the ambit of labour and employment laws.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

i m a govt. emplyee and the only lady officer. i work as a Patwari.…

I am working with a reputed organisation as a permanent employee. My current notice period…
We are working employee and we have not received 3 months salary, we got personal…
I think may of them know about the issues about fine India Ltd, My brother…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly