Maximum period to file a case for not giving notice of resignation?
What is the maximum period within which an employer can file a case against an employee for not giving notice before resignation? My employer appointed on 1 month notice condition but I left without notice or giving a month salary.
The limitation period for filing a civil suit is three years. In your case, the employer can recover one month salary. So, the limitation will start from the cause of action, that is, the date you left the company.
In addition, the employer may file an absconding case on you.
Therefore, your employer can file a case against the employee till 3 years from the cause of action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Society claiming for interest on maintenance what can I do
- What will the Compensation for Land acquisition by Private company.
- How can i open a Hukkah Bar
- Company Management threatening and torturing What action can I take
- Girlfriend promised to marry. After 7 yrs she is refusing it. Remedy?