Maximum period to file a case for not giving notice of resignation?
What is the maximum period within which an employer can file a case against an employee for not giving notice before resignation? My employer appointed on 1 month notice condition but I left without notice or giving a month salary.
The limitation period for filing a civil suit is three years. In your case, the employer can recover one month salary. So, the limitation will start from the cause of action, that is, the date you left the company.
In addition, the employer may file an absconding case on you.
Therefore, your employer can file a case against the employee till 3 years from the cause of action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Harrassement for money by mama's son who is a lawyer
- Criminal case still pending whether this effect my selection govt job
- Can I take action against the institute for rejecting my scholarship
- Clarification of validity of unregistered will.
- what is the procedure for getting divorce