quesMaximum period to file a case for not giving notice of resignation?

What is the maximum period within which an employer can file a case against an employee for not giving notice before resignation? My employer appointed on 1 month notice condition but I left without notice or giving a month salary.


  • ans


    The limitation period for filing a civil suit is three years. In your case, the employer can recover one month salary. So, the limitation will start from the cause of action, that is, the date you left the company. 


    In addition, the employer may file an absconding case on you.


    Therefore, your employer can file a case against the employee till 3 years from the cause of action.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am working in PSU. I joined the company in 2013, i am working as…
I am working for a IT company. I have resigned currently. the notice period is…

I have been asked by my employer to resign from the post through email on…

My employer just drop a mail informing that company is closing from 31st May 2017.…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly