quesLegal notice from old company for joining new company

I was working for a software company and resigned from there 2 months back. After that I joined the client company of my previous company. I got the legal notice from my previous company for joining client company. My previous company made me sign a contract for not joining any client company for the period of 1 year. I had no other choice other than signing that contract as they would have fired me. That legal notice says I have to resign from the current company, otherwise they will drag me to the court.

I already consulted a lawyer, one of them is telling to resign will be a better option and another lawyer told nothing to worry. You are free to work for anyone no one can stop you . But resigning is very difficult for me at this point of time. Please help me in this situation, as I am not sure what to do next.

  • ansYou are under no obligation from your previous employer since you are no longer an employee of that company and you are not getting any salary from them. No need to resign from the present employer. No body can force an unwilling employee to continue in the job. Let the previous employer drag you to court and for that you can give a befitting reply through an Advocate.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I Resigned from a Company on 30 Nov 2013 and they accepted my letter. But…

I am currently working in a government GIC owned insurance company and planning to join…
My sis got govt job as her father is dead and now she is doing…
We are a S/W company from Hyderabad and actually we have updated the notice period…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly