Lawyer spoiled case. Case dismissed. Can it be restored somehow?
A lawyer spoilt my case in Consumer Forum by not appearing on day of hearing, case was dismissed. He delayed filing appeal in Redressaal Commission by 4.5 months so appeal too was rejected. For 13 months he never informed me about this. So 90 days time available to go to National Forum too exhausted.
Can this case be restored somehow. What action can I take against the lawyer?
It is sad that due to the unprofessional attitude of some people from the fraternity, the name of the entire profession is spoiled. But, the law is very clear that due to the lapse / fault of the lawyer, the aggrieved party cannot be let to suffer.
However, the problem will lie in the question when the Court will ask that since it was your case, you had to be diligent if the lawyer was not pursuing the case properly. If you can satisfy the court that you had been diligently pursuing the lawyer / case, your case can be restored. It is a long gap and it will be difficult to explain to the court as to what had restrained you from contacting your lawyer for more than one year.
Further, you can approach the Bar Council and lodge your complaint with them.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can my employer stop my salary if appointment letter states no notice
- Name change of property from first marriage.
- Dead father's joint account with sister in law. Do i have any right?
- How to claim maintenance when separated from husband
- What is the meaning of "Judgment Type - Final Non AFR"