Job declined post accepting the job.
I am a fresher completed my comp engg.I gave interview in a company in june and while interviewing they informed me that the joining would b in july first week.They sent me the offer letter via mail and asked me to sign it and mail it back to them if i accept the offer which i did.But then i was informed that the joining would be in fourth week of july,then after that when about a week before my joining date they postponed it to second week of august.Still they have not given me an exact date and they are saying i cant go back on my offer.Now i dont feel like joining this company because i declined two offers since i thought joining was in july,and i dont feel that a company who cant decide a joining date for its candidate is a good place to work at. The offer letter stated that if i sign the letter it means that i accept to work for a period of three years failing to do so i will have to pay them some amount which is more than a lakh. So what i want to know is that whether i can walk out of this offer since i have'nt joined yet.They have my original documents (marksheets).What should i do if they dont give me my certificates back.
Have the company given you any joining bonus? Have they paid you for the month of July? Is there a fix date in the second week of august? However, I suggest you speak with the HR of the company and give him an ultimatum that if the date is not fixed and you are not required in the company, it would be better to cancel my appointment instead of harassing me. after the second week of august, if required, send the company a legal notice seeking your original documents and cancellation of the appointment due to the negligence of the company.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Nana died without will. Do i have share in that property?
- How to proceed when porn video is posted on a social network
- How father's property will be divided if he died intestate
- what is the court fees in cheque bounce matter
- No rent agreement provided even after several reminders