Is wife entitled to gratuity after serving 30 years in a school?
My wife is retired teacher from CBSE affiliated society run private school at Rohtak after serving the school for 30 years. Is she eligible to receive gratuity? The school is in Haryana and the same society runs 14 institutions - four of which are Govt. aided and funded. She has requested the school to pay the gratuity at present i.e. at the time of retirement.
The school is being administered by the DC as the society was superseded by the government and the administration of the society. Is she eligible for gratuity?
Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Act, 2009 was enforced on 31.12.2009 where after all the teachers have been included within the ambit of employee for the purposes of Gratuity Act.
Before this amendment, the Supreme Court had held that teachers were not within the purview of employee and therefore could not claim gratuity, but this situation has changed after the commencement of this Amendment.
Hence, your wife can claim payment of gratuity from the School under this Act.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Legal distribution of grandfather's property
- Police calls me instead of serving notice against wife's complaint
- cyber crime committed by mentally sick person how to get protection
- Refunded Rs 14000 less after offering full refund in policy
- modification of leave of appeal