quesIs it defamation if employer mocks performance level via e mail?

I have been asked by my employer to resign from the post through email on the grounds that my performance is not up to the mark, as I have not stopped a Govt. official to take the photographs of the establishment under a special drive.


My two months' salary is also withheld without any reasons. I have got no letter for my illegal dismissal and stoppage of salary. Now the Case is with the labour court. Can I also go for defamation?

  • ans

    On the basis of the facts mentioned by you, we do not see a possibility of a Defamation case against your employer as no where has this been mentioned in your query as to how have the actions / inactions of your employer affected your public / private image and standing.


    The remedy available to you is in the labour court, which as stated by you, is already under process. Let us know if you need any assistance with the same.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

My employer says that i am not eligible for Gratuity from 2005 to 2016. Retired…

i am working in a school. A 11th grade student questioned my mothers dignity. he…

I am working as steno cum clerk in an industry. I filed a suit seeking…
Hi Experts, My wife is working in Government PSU as permanent employee. Last year, she…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly