Is it defamation if employer mocks performance level via e mail?
I have been asked by my employer to resign from the post through email on the grounds that my performance is not up to the mark, as I have not stopped a Govt. official to take the photographs of the establishment under a special drive.
My two months' salary is also withheld without any reasons. I have got no letter for my illegal dismissal and stoppage of salary. Now the Case is with the labour court. Can I also go for defamation?
On the basis of the facts mentioned by you, we do not see a possibility of a Defamation case against your employer as no where has this been mentioned in your query as to how have the actions / inactions of your employer affected your public / private image and standing.
The remedy available to you is in the labour court, which as stated by you, is already under process. Let us know if you need any assistance with the same.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Land with security bond, can be sold to 3rd party ?
- Builder asking for 10% amount to cancel the booking. What to do?
- What is the procedure for mutual consent divorce
- Gym closed down and did not get refund under FD scheme What to do
- Can I file complaint in consumer court for non maintenance of quarter