I am a civil contractor. Company delaying my payment. What can i do?
I am a Civil contractor (sub contractor) and a company has been harrassing me by postponing my payment from last 7 months. Please help.
The non-payment by the company is a clear case of breach of contract and you have got a number of remedies under the legal system to recover your payment:
1. File a suit for recovery: This is the first and foremost method you should follow. File a Suit in the competent court for the recovery of your dues.
2. If in case the the company is incorporated in India then you may approach to High Court for winding up as the amount payable to you is debt on the company and in case company is not in a position to pay its debts, the High Court can pass winding up orders.
3. File a cheating case against the company & directors: This is a criminal complaint under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code and you can register an FIR and continue with the criminal case against the company for cheating as well as Criminal breach of trust under Section 406 of the Indian Penal Code.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Someone using my company name and number for some fraud scheme.
- Married for 11 years what are my rights being a married woman
- What to do if i received a cheque bounce notice
- Flat constructed in building parking lot MCD approved map what to do
- Appeal under Sec 340 CRPC r/w Sec 195 CRPC in DV Case