quesHusband's salary withheld by employer

My husband has been working in an events organisation company for the past 9 months and he was never given an appointment letter. Every time he asked for the letter his employer kept delaying it. His work was told to him only verbally. My husband was to run the organisation and report the changes which had to be made in the office.

Now this boss has withheld his salary and sent him a mail stating that my husband has not contributed anything to the company. Can we take any legal action against the employer?

  • ansHi, your husband should send the employer a legal notice for the salary which is due. Since you do not have an appointment letter and also no bank record of the salary credit is there, this would be the only weak point to your case.

    In the legal notice mention the way he was recruited. If the employer ignores the legal notice then you should approach the police and file a criminal complaint to recover the money.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir I have give resign from my compani and I give one month notice and…
Hello sir. I want to know 1. Which states in india are not following 2…
I am working as Temporary assistant in LIC for the period of 85 days in…
I have joined a Nagpur company in 2015 august. The HR have taken telephonic Interview…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly