quesHusband's salary withheld by employer

My husband has been working in an events organisation company for the past 9 months and he was never given an appointment letter. Every time he asked for the letter his employer kept delaying it. His work was told to him only verbally. My husband was to run the organisation and report the changes which had to be made in the office.

Now this boss has withheld his salary and sent him a mail stating that my husband has not contributed anything to the company. Can we take any legal action against the employer?

• ansHi, your husband should send the employer a legal notice for the salary which is due. Since you do not have an appointment letter and also no bank record of the salary credit is there, this would be the only weak point to your case.

In the legal notice mention the way he was recruited. If the employer ignores the legal notice then you should approach the police and file a criminal complaint to recover the money.