How to recover my salary if I don't have a formal appointment letter?
I am employed by a small company in Delhi/NCR as DGM Sales without any formal appointment letter / documents. I was promised a package of 786,084 fixed CTC annually. Though I have an email offer of joining the organization but he hasn't given me any appointment letter. My work profile is majorly Sales, I have built a pipeline for more than 6 Crores which is going to materialize slowly.
I did my all sales activity and closed two small orders of 10 lacs where my target was 2 crores. Now my senior has stopped paying me, either I will be put on incentive kind of structure or not paid.
I did not get pay for Feb. Help.
As you are working as a DGM, and the nature of your job is not of clerical nature, your case is beyond the jurisdiction of labour court. You ought to seek legal remedy through Civil Court, where you can file a suit for recovery for the unpaid salary for the month of Feb 2014.
Not being issued an appointment letter would not matter much while filing your recovery suit as long as the salary specified by you was mentioned in the email offer you received, and you can prove the work done by you for the company i.e. sales pipeline, closed sales, etc.
You have to first give a Legal Notice to the management for payment of financial dues for the unpaid month.
If the management does not respond positively or does not pay in the stipulated time of 15 days, you may file a Civil suit for recovery of financial dues in the relevant Civil court by paying the relevant court fee.
The court fee is about 2-2.5% of the amount you are claiming.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Worker left without information what action can i take
- Husband married someone else without giving divorce what to do.
- Is it possible to take husband along on spouse visa to UK?
- Mother wants to sell flat after father's death can she do that
- Do we need NOC from builder to sell the flat