quesHow to get husband's job on compassion ground? In laws not cooperating

can i qualified to apply job on compassionate ground on my husband post at district court,without NOC of my father in law and mother in law . because they are not cooprate me. not giv me NOC for apply job on compassionate ground on my hunband post my husband death on 28/10/2014

• ansin these circumstances you are eligible for applying job on compassionate ground after death of the employee (husband). in such cases government can consider the application of the family member of the deceased depending on him for the job on compassionate ground. for disbursing his emoluments the employee during his service make nomination in the name of a family member to claim his emoluments after his death. but that compassionate ground is not certain or definite it is an aid only.

Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

• ansBut first of all you have to check whether the appointment on compassionate ground is still applicable in your husband's office or not, as in some states and in few department it is no longer available.

As per law the Compassionate Grounds Appointments are given to any one of the legal heirs of the deceased Government Servant.(i.e.) Wife, Husband, Son, Daughter, Divorcee, Widowed daughter and the application for appointment on compassionate grounds has to be submitted within a stipulated time frame from the date of death.

There is no need for in-laws support or NOC from them.

Advocate Upma Shrivastava

Supreme Court of India, Delhi

• ansCompassionate Appointment of Dependants After Death of Deceased is for any dependant of the deceased who is eligible to apply for the job. If your mother and father in law are not eligible, the appointment option will flow to you. However, in case they are entitled for the same, they will be obligated to maintain your as well.

Advocate Mishika Singh