quesGovernment contractor. Can government stop our payments for work done?

We are turnkey contractors for electrification work. We have been working for the Government for quite some time now. So while executing our work this time, we had raised the bill for the entire supply of the material at the beginning and now the project is nearing its completion and we have supplied the entire material and erected most of it.

But due to some officials an enquiry is being conducted and the government has stopped all our payments. Kindly guide me as on what can the government do if the enquiry report goes against us.

Even if the enquiry goes against you, you can file a civil suit for the recovery of your amount of the material supplied and the services provided.

However, if after the enquiry, a criminal complaint is registered against you, then based on the sections involved in the said complaint, we shall provide you with the appropriate remedy.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only