Government contractor. Can government stop our payments for work done?
We are turnkey contractors for electrification work. We have been working for the Government for quite some time now. So while executing our work this time, we had raised the bill for the entire supply of the material at the beginning and now the project is nearing its completion and we have supplied the entire material and erected most of it.
But due to some officials an enquiry is being conducted and the government has stopped all our payments. Kindly guide me as on what can the government do if the enquiry report goes against us.
Even if the enquiry goes against you, you can file a civil suit for the recovery of your amount of the material supplied and the services provided.
However, if after the enquiry, a criminal complaint is registered against you, then based on the sections involved in the said complaint, we shall provide you with the appropriate remedy.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My brother's wife and her family are blaming us of false allegations
- Re-opening inquiry after detection that vital information
- How can I claim back share of property
- What action can i take against family if they are forcing for marriage
- Filed mutual divorce wife refusing to come for second motion