Got a better offer from competitor company. What to do?
I recently joined a company and they made me sign a contract in which i stated that i cannot join a competitor company within 1 year of my resignation.Now i have got an amazing offer from a competitor company and i am very inclined towards joining it.What should i do now? What action will my employer if i join that company?
You should not join the competitor company .
The agreement is sacrosanct and you are obligated to abide by it.
If you violate the agreement then your erstwhile employer may sue you for breach of contract.
In the vent you join competitor, your ex employer will file suit for damages against you and also seek to obtain injunction restraining you form joining your competitor
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is stamp duty applicable on movable gifts or not?
- Is it okay to buy a garage having a share certificate of the society?
- Validity of agreement with taxi driver for any future responsibility
- Harrasment /Sexual abuse by collegue and his family
- Case against car dealer in consumer court for not delivering papers