Filed online complaint. Company threats to sue me. What can he do?
I left a company 2 years ago as I wasn't paid a month's salary and complained about the same in a few online complaint forums. Now the company's owner calls me and is threatening me to sue me if I don't take back those complaints saying that he is facing a lot of loss because of those complaints and people are not joining his company.
He is willing to give my salary now but I cannot take back those complaints as they are in public space now and cannot be deleted.
What action can he take against me as what I did was because of non receipt of my salary. What should I do in such a situation?
As you yourself understand that online complaints cannot be withdrawn, as such you can explain your predicament to the employer. You also can post on the same forums that due to your settlement with your employer you are withdrawing your complaints and tell your employer about the same before you do so to ensure he has no further issues about this.
As your complaints were genuine the employer can not take any legal action against you per se. However, even if he plans to take any legal action, he may file a Defamation case against you which can be contested on grounds of genuine and true plaints made by you against the unfair treatment meted out to you by your employer.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Occupancy rights inam lands
- Company not providing Experience Letter and Salary Letter
- Filed a case false case against us when we filed a case on them
- Working as freelancer with a friend not paying the due amount
- what happens if non sra tenants dont vacate