quesExtension for completing course not allowed only to me. What to do?

I was working in BMC (Bombay Municipal Corporation) for 2 years. There was requirement fr completing computer course within 2 years. I was late by 7 days. I applied for extension along with other employees. Now there are not allowing me to join. But others were allowed. What can i do now?

• ansIf I were to understand correctly, other similarly placed employees who have also applied for an extension have been allowed to join.

Apart from the internal grievance redressal mechanism of the BMC, you could also prefer a Writ Petition in the nature of Mandamus directing the BMC to allow you to join. This Writ Petition would be moved under Article 226 of the Constitution of India and would have to be filed before the Bombay High Court.

However, it would be wise to exhaust alternate remedies that may exist, for example, the internal grievance redressal mechanism of the BMC. The High Court may be reluctant to hear your petition if you have not done so first. You should therefore issue a legal notice to the concerned authority seeking an explanation.

Further, you could also file an RTI application to enquire into their regulations which would provide you with a formal reply. I do hope this helps and if I you have any further queries, feel free to post them here.