quesExtension for completing course not allowed only to me. What to do?

I was working in BMC (Bombay Municipal Corporation) for 2 years. There was requirement fr completing computer course within 2 years. I was late by 7 days. I applied for extension along with other employees. Now there are not allowing me to join. But others were allowed. What can i do now?

  • ans

    If I were to understand correctly, other similarly placed employees who have also applied for an extension have been allowed to join.

    Apart from the internal grievance redressal mechanism of the BMC, you could also prefer a Writ Petition in the nature of Mandamus directing the BMC to allow you to join. This Writ Petition would be moved under Article 226 of the Constitution of India and would have to be filed before the Bombay High Court.

    However, it would be wise to exhaust alternate remedies that may exist, for example, the internal grievance redressal mechanism of the BMC. The High Court may be reluctant to hear your petition if you have not done so first. You should therefore issue a legal notice to the concerned authority seeking an explanation.

    Further, you could also file an RTI application to enquire into their regulations which would provide you with a formal reply. I do hope this helps and if I you have any further queries, feel free to post them here.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

hum log koshagar main 176 candidate jan 2013 se outsoursing se computer operator k pad…
I was arrested on 11th sept 2012 for 498A case and got bail on 16.11.2012…
hi all, i need some clarification regarding absconding case and company send letter and ask…
Dear Sir I have worked for a company in Gurgaon.I have not got a salary…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly
View in App
Get Upto 40% Off