Employer in a different state and did not clear my dues. What action?
My employer did not clear my dues like gratuity etc. My employer is in Maharashtra but presently I am in UP. How I can take legal action against my employer? I have left this employer since 2010. Total service period was 17 years.
As per the Payment of gratuity act, you are entitled to gratuity after completing 5 years of service. Since you have rendered more than the minimum required service tenure, you are eligible for gratuity for 17 years of completed service. You may also be eligible for PF , bonus , leave encashment and other benefits according to your employment agreement.
If your employer is not clearing the dues you are eligible for, you may initially send a Legal notice claiming the amount. Thereafter, you may approach the appropriate authority under the payment of gratuity act. This can be done by you through an Advocate or directly yourself as well.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Reclaim of amount exceeding authorisation in health insurance policy
- Amendment in Rajasthan Transport Service Sub Ordinary Rule 1963
- My Id proof misused to take a phone connection
- Can company deduct a part of salary as security amount
- 2nd marriage fixed but did received divorce decree for 1st marriage