quesEmployer in a different state and did not clear my dues. What action?

My employer did not clear my dues like gratuity etc. My employer is in Maharashtra but presently I am in UP. How I can take legal action against my employer? I have left this employer since 2010. Total service period was 17 years.

• ansAs per the Payment of gratuity act, you are entitled to gratuity after completing 5 years of service. Since you have rendered more than the minimum required service tenure, you are eligible for gratuity for 17 years of completed service. You may also be eligible for PF , bonus , leave encashment and other benefits according to your employment agreement.

If your employer is not clearing the dues you are eligible for, you may initially send a Legal notice claiming the amount. Thereafter, you may approach the appropriate authority under the payment of gratuity act. This can be done by you through an Advocate or directly yourself as well.