quesEmployer has sent legal notice claiming I have taken company documents

2 months ago I joined in as an accountant, and last month they don't give salary, They said complete work first but they din't let me complete the work, troubled me, and asked me to do 9 months more work. They gave Rs.8000 instead of a salary of Rs.20000. Now they are troubling again. 4 other people have left company. I also left the company and now I got a legal notice from the company, saying I got the cheque books and bill books of the company and have run away with them, which is not true. If I dont return the same they will file criminal complaint against me. What should I do?

  • ans

    Firstly, you should reply to the legal notice stating that all the allegations made by the company are false and baseless.

    And also stating that the company is making such allegations to avoid paying your salary.

    And also ask in the legal notice to pay your dues and and also mention that the you have been mentally harassed by the baseless and false allegations.

    We also need to go through your service contract to ascertain the terms and conditions of your employment to guide you in an appropriate manner.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was working in navodaya vidyalaya at the post of typing assistant. I gave a…

Can a manufacturer / company insist on production of original invoice and refuse to honor…

I have a salary issue .Here my MD is not ready to pay us salaries…

I joined Allahabad Bank and left within 1 day.however still they are asking for full…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly