Employer blackmailing me to give him money. What recourse available?
I recently left a job in which my employer didn't pay me well and asked me to take care of business logistics and advertisement saying he will compensate in next transactions which were never sufficient.
He never gave me or anyone appointment documents. Later he blackmailed me saying he will reach my home and disturb my family and in laws, and made me sign cheques for him to leave me alone.
He is now trying to force other employees' salaries as well on me which are calling and blackmailing me. Please help.
Post reviewing your query, I understand that two complex questions are involved here:
(a) Related to Service matter (b) Related to Criminal matter.
(a) As far as the first part is concerned, the aggrieved require to provide details of his employment. However prima facie it exhibits that no appointment letter was forwarded to him and therefore, it would be difficult to establish the employer employee relationship based on which recovery / labor remedy can be seeked.
(b) As far as second part is concerned, it certainly constitutes the ingredients of a Criminal offence and we suggest that as the first step, a complaint has to be moved before the concerned Police Station.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can i get a copy of FIR filed against me? Police also misbehaving.
- How to initiate full and final settlement with previous employer
- TDS deducted from bank account. What action can be taken?
- Property partition done without knowledge of other parties
- landlord deducting security as notice not given