Employer asks to serve notice period on rejecting offer letter.
I signed an offer but later due to personal reasons, rejected it (1 week from date of joining) by informing the employer in a very mild manner. However, the employer has issued legal notice, saying that I have to either: A. Join the organization on said date and then resign and serve 3 month notice period; or B. Pay 3 month salary in lieu of notice period within 3 days. I read the offer letter, there is no mention of penalty. Only in the Termination clause it is mentioned that either party can terminate contract by giving a notice of 3 months or 3 months salary in lieu of notice period.
You may not worry, the company cannot take action against you nor they can file case against you.
Since you have not executed any appointment letter so you are not bound by any terms of the company.
Hence, you are not required to pay penalty
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- STOCKS AND EQUITY :Is Yahoo chat mode of receiving orders legal?
- What is the extent of liabilities on husband in muslim talaq
- Purchased a house but the tenant is not vacating property
- Party file Criminal case against me how can they withdraw it
- How do I get tenant to vacate my house, what can I do ?