quesemployee's punishment

An employee works in a government aided school in Bihar. School is affiliated to Bihar state board. He performs his duty well, comes in times, leave the office on time. But he does not resides within the boundaries of the city. So he is not paid any HRA (House Rent Allowance). Is that a sufficient punishment? What else can be done against that employee? What does law says in this regard? What is the law regarding such cases?

• ansIf he has been doing his work diligently comes to work on time and leaves on time you should not punish him. In fact you should appreciate the fact that although he is not staying within the city yet he comes to school on time and does his work without any complaints. You should reward him not punish him.

And not everyone can afford to stay within city limits.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only