Employee quits without informing. What action can we take against them
We are a small company and we hired an employee on reference basis, so no contracts have been signed but the employee quits the job within a month without informing. we tried to contact her but she didn't pick our calls, we tried to contact her on whatsapp but she blocked us there too. She also kept our office mobile phone that we use to get clients from. After 4-5 days she returned the phone but it was not in working condition. Now she is demanding money and also making threatening calls to us via some unknown person using very hostile language. we already paid some money in advance. What can we do?
The recourse available to you is to prosecute her for Data Theft and Conflict of Interest There can be two ways to do that. You can get an injunction to prohibit her from working for any company, after serving a reasonable period. Further move under appropriate sections of IT Act for her liability for data theft, Furthermore, in case of any solicitation of your clients by her, she can be injuncted.
Insofar as to her threats, you need to file an FIR for the same. Supplemented with evidence and proof. Email exchange, Call records etc.
Advocate Ahmad Shazeb AzharKaiserbagh, Lucknow
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband left home not taking care of wife and child what can I do
- Husband's brother promised to marry me now denying what can I do
- Signed relinquishment deed in 1970 can she claim now
- Do we have to obtain Marriage certificate in India?
- Is divorce done on stamp paper valid