quesDues remaining and abrupt removal. Where can i file complaint for it?

I was working for a magazine for an amount of Rs. 15000/- per month and worked for 13 months. But suddenly the Magazine Owner discontinued me and has to pay me Rs. 21000/-. He is not paying the amount. I reside in Delhi. Where can I file complaint to get my dues?


Should I go to LABOUR DEPARTMENT or LABOUR COURT or somewhere else, please suggest?

  • ans

    You may initially issue a Legal Notice to the Magazine stating all details i.e. working days for which the payment has not been received and mentioning the total dues.


    If this does not provide you the desired relief, you may file a Suit for Recovery in a Civil Court. Your case will not be maintainable in the Labour Court as your salary is more than 15000 per month.


    The case will be filed in the court having jurisdiction in the area where your employer's office is situated.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Parvez Ahamed

  Magrath Road
 Experience: 21 years

Advocate Madhur Gulshan Sapra

  Tis Hazari Court
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly