Discrimination due to maternity. How do i proceed about the matter?
Company's maternity policy - I applied for my maternity leave starting from Jan 20th this year where the policy of the company was 4 months paid leave and further extension will be on LOP (Loss of pay). A month ago the company advertised a new women friendly maternity policy - offering 6 months of paid leave. While I was still on maternity leave, I contacted my HR manager to confirm if this still applies to me. But they claimed that I cannot obtain the benefits of new policy. Do you think this is fair?
If you are on maternity leave before the new notification, then you will get the benefits according to the old rule.
In case if they will not entertain you, then you can send a legal notice and seek remedies from Hon'ble court.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- In laws not accepting the marriage and not letting us stay together
- Can my eldest son evict from the house owned b y husband after death?
- Pre-Launch Offer for Apartment. What documents to verify?
- Landlord asking to vacate before returning security deposit
- Can tenant appeal to higher court without paying the arrears in rent?