×

quesDiscrimination due to maternity. How do i proceed about the matter?

Company's maternity policy - I applied for my maternity leave starting from Jan 20th this year where the policy of the company was 4 months paid leave and further extension will be on LOP (Loss of pay). A month ago the company advertised a new women friendly maternity policy - offering 6 months of paid leave. While I was still on maternity leave, I contacted my HR manager to confirm if this still applies to me. But they claimed that I cannot obtain the benefits of new policy. Do you think this is fair?

If you are on maternity leave before the new notification, then you will get the benefits according to the old rule.

In case if they will not entertain you, then you can send a legal notice and seek remedies from Hon'ble court.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only