quesCompany not paying salary and not relieving before notice period

Hi, My company hasn't paid salary for the last 2 months (July & August). It is a private limited company registered in Delhi. I have a 3 month notice period as per my agreement but do not want to continue because of lack of payment of salary. They are however not agreeing to relieve me early nor are committing to pay past salary or future notice period salary. What options do I have here ?

  • ansIt would be advisable that you serve them a notice and then serve the notice period after that before leaving or else they will have a reason to not pay you the salary in lieu of you not serving the notice period. Simultaneously you could approach the Labour inspector and file a complaint with their office for non payment of dues by the company.

    Advocate Rohan Mittal

      Sector 17, Panchkula

  • ansNon payment of salary without sufficient cause is a violation of contract. You can write to the management treating this two months period also as notice and relieve you after one month. If they do not listen to you, send them a notice through your lawyer.

    Advocate Col Rajendra Kumar (Retd)

      Sohna Road, Gurgaon

  • ansFor recovery of salary either you can file a recovery suit or you can also claim under shops and establishment act. Civil suit takes time to resolve. However under shops and establishment it's little quicker

    Advocate Rana Prashant

      Udyog Vihar Ph 5, Gurgaon

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father is a govt teacher at govt sanskrit school in rajasthan. Due to a…

i worked for a pvt company for 1 and half month. have received 15 days…

On termination by my employer with 30 days' notice, can I insist on one month's…

I’m at a very senior level. Employer says due to recent losses she doesn’t have…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly