Company not paying salary and not relieving before notice period
Hi, My company hasn't paid salary for the last 2 months (July & August). It is a private limited company registered in Delhi. I have a 3 month notice period as per my agreement but do not want to continue because of lack of payment of salary. They are however not agreeing to relieve me early nor are committing to pay past salary or future notice period salary. What options do I have here ?
It would be advisable that you serve them a notice and then serve the notice period after that before leaving or else they will have a reason to not pay you the salary in lieu of you not serving the notice period. Simultaneously you could approach the Labour inspector and file a complaint with their office for non payment of dues by the company.
Advocate Rohan MittalSector 17, Panchkula
Non payment of salary without sufficient cause is a violation of contract. You can write to the management treating this two months period also as notice and relieve you after one month. If they do not listen to you, send them a notice through your lawyer.
Advocate Col Rajendra Kumar (Retd)Sohna Road, Gurgaon
For recovery of salary either you can file a recovery suit or you can also claim under shops and establishment act. Civil suit takes time to resolve. However under shops and establishment it's little quicker
Advocate Rana PrashantUdyog Vihar Ph 5, Gurgaon
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Clarification on inheritance of property.
- In laws took wife to their home and not letting her return. What to do
- Central university rejected my application is this legal
- Private money lender is threatening to pay back high interest
- I want to call my parents to live with us but wife objecting