quesCompany not allowing me to serve notice. Can company do this?

I am working in an MNC. Recently company decided to demolished my post and asked me to resign. I have 2 months notice period to serve as per appointment letter, but company authority forcing me to resign from immediate effects without disclosing any reason.

I want to serve my notice period to avoid any gap which might hamper my chances for another job I am looking for.

Could company have any right to not allow me to serve notice period?

  • ans

    You should first and foremost make a request to the Company to grant you a experience certificate saying that you were in service till the last date of your 2 months notice period.

    You should also request the Company to pay you the salary for the notice period waived at the Company's insistence. 

    In our opinion, if the Company pays you for the notice period waived, you should not deliberately persist on serving the notice period, as it may unnecessarily hamper your relationship with the Company and your employment certificate.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I worked as a rwlatioship officer in adecco pvt ltd deployed to bajaj finserv I…

If a person fills correct information in the attestation forms sent to him by the…

I am a working women in an MNC in Pune . I really need a…

my previous employer is not willing to provide me my police verification document. In this…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly