Company not accepting payment for notice period. What legal options?
My company is harassing me by not allowing me to leave the job and forcing me to work for 90 days despite the appointment letter clearly stating that either of me or the company can terminate the services by paying the other party a salary of 90 days. I am being threatened that if I stop coming to office they will declare me absconding and terminate me after 90 days.
What legal remedy do I have as I don't want to continue and would like to exit immediately.
You need to give a notice in writing stating that you are resigning from the Company with immediate effect. Make reference to your resignation letter and state that you are willing to pay the salary of the remaining days (90 minus the days you have already worked since giving your resignation) as stipulated in the Appointment Letter and request them to give your relieving letter as well as the experience certificate.
In case the same is not given, then you can file a recovery suit against the company claiming your full and final settlement along with your relieving letter and other documents.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Law for a compulsory date of issue and court notice
- Been 7 months since my friend got married what procedure for divroce
- What are the different types of intellectual property?
- Parents making will on my name can my wife claim share after divorce
- High court ordered to quash FIR and also imposed fine of 1 lac. Remedy