company not accepting my resignation. What can i do?
i had resigned from my company on 10th Aug. but the company is saying to serve the 45 days notice period or pay compensation. i m ready to pay compensation but still they are not relieving me from the company and they want me to work till 31st august. i have got a job in a new company and they want me to join by 19th Aug. what should i do. if i join them will i be charged for Dual Service. please suggest
When you are willing to pay the compensation, then there shouldn't be any problem. Just submit your proposal in writing with acknowledgement and join your new job. You'll be safe as per law. As long as you are satisfying the conditions of your employees agreement there shouldn't be a reason for you to worry.
Advocate Ahmad Shazeb AzharKaiserbagh, Lucknow
Hi, kindly refer to the retainership agreement for more clarity on this.
In case there is a specific termination clause that allows you to leave without notice but by giving compensation for the notice period, then your company can't force you to work.
Advocate Mishika SinghLajpat Nagar 1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Principle refusing to issue TC what legal action can we take
- How can I claim my salary from my previous company?
- whom to report about late case hearing going on in high court.
- Buyer not allowing me to park on side road. What to do?
- Sir I worked in a BPO company for 2 months, they didn't pay me at all