quescompany not accepting my resignation. What can i do?

i had resigned from my company on 10th Aug. but the company is saying to serve the 45 days notice period or pay compensation. i m ready to pay compensation but still they are not relieving me from the company and they want me to work till 31st august. i have got a job in a new company and they want me to join by 19th Aug. what should i do. if i join them will i be charged for Dual Service. please suggest

• ansWhen you are willing to pay the compensation, then there shouldn't be any problem. Just submit your proposal in writing with acknowledgement and join your new job. You'll be safe as per law. As long as you are satisfying the conditions of your employees agreement there shouldn't be a reason for you to worry.

Advocate Ahmad Shazeb Azhar

Kaiserbagh, Lucknow

• ansHi, kindly refer to the retainership agreement for more clarity on this.
    In case there is a specific termination clause that allows you to leave without notice but by giving compensation for the notice period, then your company can't force you to work.

Advocate Mishika Singh