Company located in multiple cities. Can i file a case in my hometown?
I used to work with an Indian multinational IT company listed in both BSE & NSE in Mumbai. My appointment letter was issued from Gurgaon and I was located at Patiala project Site.
In 2012-2013 my Company stopped paying my salary and started making promises of paying soon and due to lack of salary I have resigned there and relieved as per the HR policy.
I am from Bharatpur (Rajasthan). Can I file the suit for recovery in Bharatpur? If company will close then what will be the next action for me to claim my dues?
Courts at Bharatpur will lack the jurisdiction in your case and your petition there will not be maintainable.
You can issue a 'winding up' notice at the Registered and the Corporate office of the company. In case you do not get relief, file a 'winding up' petition before the High Court of the place where the registered office of the company is situated.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Promised to marry now I cant marry what actions can girl take
- Ex service men age relaxation in civilian post
- After cancellation of cheque can holder present the same in bank
- Can i revoke my irrevokable Consent Declaration
- Sister marriage not registered. Now her husband does second marriage.