quesCompany located in multiple cities. Can i file a case in my hometown?

I used to work with an Indian multinational IT company listed in both BSE & NSE in Mumbai. My appointment letter was issued from Gurgaon and I was located at Patiala project Site.


In 2012-2013 my Company stopped paying my salary and started making promises of paying soon and due to lack of salary I have resigned there and relieved as per the HR policy.


I am from Bharatpur (Rajasthan). Can I file the suit for recovery in Bharatpur? If company will close then what will be the next action for me to claim my dues?

  • ans

    Courts at Bharatpur will lack the jurisdiction in your case and your petition there will not be maintainable.

    You can issue a 'winding up' notice at the Registered and the Corporate office of the company. In case you do not get relief, file a 'winding up' petition before the High Court of the place where the registered office of the company is situated.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi Team, I'm working with a Pvt. Ltd. Co. in Bangalore with Mumbai Head Office.…

Sir I am an contractual crew/employee working with wholly owned subsidiary of Indian Air lines…
I have joined a company 12th Oct-2016 as a Manager post..when company is not release…
Dear sir, My name is Subhash Kaswan. I have cleared IBPS SO 2016 exam and…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly