company is refusing to give relieving letter
I joined a company and signed a 2 yr contract at the time of joining. They however never gave me a copy of the agreement even after asking them repeatedly.
As per the joining agreement if I resign before expiry of 2 yrs I would have to give them two months notice and give back my 3 months salary. I gave in my resignation letter after 1 year I month and I told them I was ready to pay whatever I am liable as per the contract.
However, the company has refused to give me the relieving letter and has also refused to give me a copy of my joining agreement. What can I do?
Since you do not have appointment letter, it would be little difficult to prove that you were the employee of the company.
Further your query is silent on whether
-any PF was deducted from your salary by the company
- whether you received salary by cheque or in your salary account.
If yes then we stand a good chance to proceed with the case and send a legal notice through an advocate thereby demanding them to furnish the appointment letter, complete your full and final settlement and furnish the relieving letter
If within a stipulated time they fail to provide you with above mentioned document, you can approach to labour court.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to recover cheque bounce amount from construction company
- What amount of tax is to be paid is case of gift deed
- How to apply for Child Custody?
- Can we take action against construction creating nuisance to us
- Is employment bond valid without stamp paper