quescompany is refusing to give relieving letter

I joined a company and signed a 2 yr contract at the time of joining. They however never gave me a copy of the agreement even after asking them repeatedly.

As per the joining agreement if I resign before expiry of 2 yrs I would have to give them two months notice and give back my 3 months salary. I gave in my resignation letter after 1 year I month and I told them I was ready to pay whatever I am liable as per the contract.

However, the company has refused to give me the relieving letter and has also refused to give me a copy of my joining agreement. What can I do?

Since you do not have appointment letter, it would be little difficult to prove that you were the employee of the company.

Further your query is silent on whether 

-any PF was deducted  from your salary by the company

- whether you received salary by cheque or in your salary account.

If yes then we stand a good chance to proceed with the case and send a legal notice through an advocate thereby demanding them to furnish the appointment letter, complete your full and final settlement and furnish the relieving letter

If within a stipulated time they fail to provide you with above mentioned document, you can approach to labour court.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only