Company is asking me to resign in my 8th month of pregnancy
I have joined my Organisation in Jan 2016 as Asst.Mgr - HR. I got pregnant in May 2016 and on 11 July 2016 I told my Boss i.e Director of Co. that I am pregnant. On 16 July 2016, my director told me that you are not performing and gave a Performance Improvement plan. All the points mentioned in the letter were activities of a Head HR not Assistant Manager - HR. During my joining I was not told that I will have to Head HR activities also.The letter stated they will check my performance till 31 July 2016 and will take a call. Then my company hired a Head HR on July 25 2016, who was supposed to check my performance. But my company asked the Head HR to resign due to his performance on Oct 10,2016. Now I am in my 8th month of pregnancy, my company has made me work all these months and now they are asking me to resign on immediate basis. i.e 31 December 2016 again stating performance. Till July 2016, I had never received any performance related issues.They are forcing me to resign.
first st of all no one can force u to give ur resignstion. Resignation must be with ur free consent.
So far as ur pregnancy is concerned that canot be any ground. Ofcourse these ar general principles for detail advice need to peruse ur companys terms n conditions bylaws ur oppointment letter etc.
Advocate Priya Sachin ZotingHanuman Nagar, Nagpur
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Builder is not giving possession
- Builder is not providing property papers, what can be done
- What is the share of grandson in grandfather's property
- Secretary portrayed me as criminal, can I file for defamation ?
- Nieghbour forcing to leave my home to construct a private road, advise