quesCompany down sizing. Asking employees to leave. Can i ask compensation

Hi My company is down sizing. They are telling some employees to put resignation and leave. They are giving only 10-15 days of time to look for a new job. However, employees are required to work in these days also. So looking for a job is not possible like attending interviews. But they are not giving any compensation where as only giving the salary till last working day. My question is are we eligible for any kind of compensation?

  • ansYou may not be eligible for any kind of compensation because your's is a private company and moreover at the time of joining your company you might have given an undertaking that you will not claim any sort of compensation or damages against your working company during your employment period.

    Advocate Jagadish N

      Adugodi, Bangalore

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

My employer is too harsh and threatens me, scolds and treats me unfairly. He has…

I am working in a company where a notice period is for 2 months but…

I work at private hospItal am i eligible for 6 months maternity leave, as i…
Hello all please help me I am working in NBFC compny from last 3 years.but…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly