Company down sizing. Asking employees to leave. Can i ask compensation
Hi My company is down sizing. They are telling some employees to put resignation and leave. They are giving only 10-15 days of time to look for a new job. However, employees are required to work in these days also. So looking for a job is not possible like attending interviews. But they are not giving any compensation where as only giving the salary till last working day. My question is are we eligible for any kind of compensation?
You may not be eligible for any kind of compensation because your's is a private company and moreover at the time of joining your company you might have given an undertaking that you will not claim any sort of compensation or damages against your working company during your employment period.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How is the ancestral property distributed among legal heirs
- The legal issue is whether I worked with GAIL as its direct employee ?
- Will my arrest in past in any way affect my current job
- Want to go to US to give interviews what visa do I need
- Compensation under acquisition of land act