Company deducting 3 months salary. Notice period served
I was in a pharma company based in Mumbai since 2 years. When i resigned that time i gave notice to the company. Now they said that two month salary will be deducted. As per the employment contract it should be 2 months. Although i have not signed any document where mention any condition yet i am ready to give 2 months salary. But now they are asking for 3 months. Is it right? Can i go for it in labour court? my designation was district manager.
You are governed by the service conditions mentioned in the appointment letter.
If there is no condition regarding severance of relations then a reasonable notice of 2 months should suffice. Therefore the employer is not justified in asking 3 months salary as notice period.
You have to file a civil suit for recovery of your dues since Industrial Dispute Act is not applicable to you being employed in managerial capacity.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Daughters right on Fathers property
- In how much time is a bail / anticipatory bail granted?
- I want divorce from my husband as there is no mental peace with him
- Aunt living in father's property can she claim share
- Uncle made a forged will of grandfather and claiming entire property