Company asking to resign after accident as target not achieved.
My brother is working in HSBC bank for 8 months. Last month he met an accident. It was hit-n-run. Doctor advised 3 week bed rest. We informed the Bank HR as well. We also filed an FIR for hit-n-run. The company is now asking to resign as target is not completed. Can they do that?
NO. They cannot force your brother to resign from his Job on the sole ground that he has not reached his target. Your brother should give an explanation in Writing to his Bank Head that since he met with an accident he is unable to reach his target. Some time it depends on his terms of his employment.
Advocate Jagadish NAdugodi, Bangalore
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Society not allowing me to use my choice of internet service provider
- Salary not paid for three months one month notice period
- Filed cheque bounce case that person filed false criminal case
- What is the procedure for filing a PIL?
- Someone is taking over our temple we are owners how to stop it legally