Company asking to pay for notice period to give my experience letter.
My last company had a policy of serving 3 months notice period. I did not serve the notice and left the company. I now need the experience letter for which the company is asking me to pay them 3 months' full salary.
Can u please suggest something in this matter? I am also apprehensive about the policy as I haven't heard of other companies asking 3 months notice period or 3 months full salary if notice is not served.
Is there any legal assistance I can seek against the company.
If as per your employment agreement, either of the parties, that is your employer or you, were to terminate the employment agreement or were to issue a 3 months written notice to the other party or to pay a sum equivalent to the salary of 3 months, then due to your contractual obligations, which you had accepted under the employment agreement, you are liable to pay the said amount to the company.
As far as the receipt of experience letter is concerned, the non-issuance of the same flows as a consequence of non- payment of the amount in lieu of the notice period. However, you may write to them asking for the same.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how can i take child custody without Divorce
- How can i file a case against my uncle for harassment caused by him
- Further action after Judgement passed in Delhi State Consumer forum
- Can daughter claim share in ancestral property
- Sexually harassed by uncle in childhood can the case be filed now