quesCo. put my salary on hold after serving notice period.What should i do

I work in a MNC in gurgaon. Recently i served the mandatory notice period of month as per my agreement. But now the company has put my salary on hold for 45 days. I wanted to know if they can do so? And how can i recover my salary? Can i claim compensation for mental harassment as well or not?

No, you cannot claim compensation because usually, after resignation the company holds your last month salary. The last month salary is released after the company finishes the full and final settlement. So, may be as per your terms of appointment the company may pay you salary after completion of 45 days. 

Don't worry, they will release your salary.

If after 45 days, they fail to give your salary, then you can send a legal notice through a lawyer and despite legal notice they fail to pay your salary. Then you can file suit for recovery thereby demanding your salary, interest 24% and compensation for mental harassment and cost of litigation.

• ansNo, you cannot claim compensation because usually, after resignation the company holds your last month salary. The last month salary is released after the company finishes the full and final settlement. So, may be as per your terms of appointment the company may pay you salary after completion of 45 days.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only