quesCan we recover training money if employee resigns within 1 year?

Can we being an IT company add a clause in our employment agreement that if the trainee leave within a period of 1 year after completion of training the company can recover the 30% of the cost spent on the training of the particular employee.

Can this clause be challenged in the court and is it correct as per law?

  • ans

    As we understand your query,


    We believe that you can put up a clause like that in your employment agreement, but as far as the fulfillment of this clause is considered we know it is difficult to recover money from employee after

     giving a resignation.


    It is your decision to add a clause or not in the employment agreement and till the point there is no discrimination on your part it is approved by law. 

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am appointed as Commercial Artist in the yr 1989 in the pay scale of…

Can one be a partner in one company and be an employee in another company.

Hi, My ex-employer has wrongfully terminated me. What is the procedure to take an action…
Sir/mam, we are working in the central govt office under contract of a company(for both…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly