Can private company ask me to resign w/o providing any reason?
I have been working in a private company for more than 6 years now. At the post of department manger. at a salary of 40 thousand per month. Recently i have been asked to put in my resignation.
i have heard somewhere that an employee cannot be fired from job after 5 years until there is an integrity issue. Is it correct? What legal remedy do i have? i wish to continue my job.
As per our knowledge,
there is no law which says that an employee cannot be laid off after 5 years until there is an integrity issue.
Private company jobs are basically contractual employment and are governed by the contract. So we would like to see the terms and conditions of employment because there is always a clause in the contract which deals with retrenchment.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- In what proportion property is divided among siblings
- Mobile was lost filed FIR policed called to receive summons
- Same name in passport & birth certificate but differ in other document
- Legal rights of grand children in ancestral property
- HC ordered bail and suspension of sentence what does it mean ?