quescan my company stop me from joining competition

A joins a company and signs a non-competing company agreement. The terms of the agreement specify that A cannot join another company dealing with the same products during the term of the employment, which is for a fixed period of three years. A submits a resignation letter after one year, and the company relieves him. The company then approaches the court seeking a injunction against A, when he is offered a position in another company dealing with the same products. Can the company succeed in obtaining injunction?

  • ansYes , the company can seek injunction. Negative covenants operative during the period of employment when the employee is bound to serve his employer exclusively are not to be regarded as restraint of trade and therefore do not fall under s. 27 of the Contract Act. Refer Niranjan shankar v Century Spinning 1967 Air 1098 SC.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am female it employee ..when i resigned company (working from past 8 months), they…
Sir, I am a contractual employee of NIELIT working as Senior Technical assistant. According to…
I had been working for a company which did business handling. The customers are companies.…
I abscond from small startup founded by rich guys few days ago. I joined in…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly