×

quesCan IPS lady officer marry Foreign National?

If IPS (Indian Police Service) Lady can marry a Pakistani National during her services?

• ansThe Civil Service rules which apply to the IPS officers of all cadres provides that if a civil servant marries a foreign national he shall forthwith intimate the Central Government.
      There is no specific bar engrafted in the law which prevents a civil servant from marrying a Pakistani national. The intimation of solemnization/contract of marriage to the government shall be a compliance of the rules.

The prior consent of the government shall not be required except if the civil servant is an army personnel or a member of IFS, failing which he can be dismissed.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only