Can IPS lady officer marry Foreign National?
If IPS (Indian Police Service) Lady can marry a Pakistani National during her services?
The Civil Service rules which apply to the IPS officers of all cadres provides that if a civil servant marries a foreign national he shall forthwith intimate the Central Government.
There is no specific bar engrafted in the law which prevents a civil servant from marrying a Pakistani national. The intimation of solemnization/contract of marriage to the government shall be a compliance of the rules.
The prior consent of the government shall not be required except if the civil servant is an army personnel or a member of IFS, failing which he can be dismissed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Declaration of inherited property.
- Can i use PCOS/PCOD as a defence in my pending divorce case
- Cheque bounced, validity for three months expired.
- Company not accepting resignation nor giving salary what can I do
- daughter-in-law's right in father-in-law's property