Can i resign and start my own company in same business?
I had been working for a company which did business handling. The customers are companies. Recently I have quit this company and I am planning to start my own firm in the same field. The firm is already registered. I have not signed any â??non competition clauseâ?? or confidentiality agreement with my old company. Can my old company sue me or create legal issues if they come to know about my firm? Already my old clientele have started placing orders with me.
if you are poaching clients of your old company they will definitely drag you to court and claim damages.
Was there a clause that you shall after resignation not poach on clients of the company in your appointment letter?
If there is no such clause you can start your business in same field
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Whether urbanized village exempted from property tax
- How can I get mutual divorce and claim maintenance
- Father took allotment papers with him. Unable to avail govt. services.
- Selling of floors in Delhi
- how can a husband safeguard against legal action by wife