quesCan i not join a government job if 498A case is pending against me?

My wife filed 498A case 2-3 years back. Now it is still pending. I was a teacher in a government school. Due to judicial custody for 2 days i was suspended. After that i was reinstated. Now i applied for another government job and they are saying that there is a court case pending. What can i do?

  • ans

    If an FIR is registered against you, then you will have to mention the same in your goverment form.

    In addition to this you will also have to mention the criminal case pending against you.

    The governement department cannot hold you back till the case is decided against you and if they do not select you on the basis of pending criminal case, you may file a Writ in the concerned High Court.

    We suggest that you should amicably settle the matter with your wife and apply for Mutual consent divorce and quashing of petition.

    Click here to find the best Labour and Service lawyer in your city.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was forced to resign from my organisation in the month of January giving cost cutting…

My friend is a govt contractual employee he apply for new govt job he mention…
I will complete 4 year and 10 months in current company (19.12.2011 to 14.10.2016) and…
Dear Sir, I am 24 yrs girl. i want to marry a boy but my…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly