Can I get my job back if terminated w/o notice but by giving reasons?
I was working with VSNL since 1987 and In 2012, the company terminated a lot of employees including me. We were given no notices. We just received a letter stating the reason of our termination, which is to modify the company. We were given CTC for a year as compensation.
What can we do now? Can we get our job back or claim more compensation as our careers are ruined.
It depends on the agreements in the offer of the employment contract. The most common forms of the offer are a month's notice period from either party ('Employer') and ('Employee').
When there is a breach of agreement or a legal issue among either of the parties for any reason, the company may with and without a notice period, terminate the contract of employment. The company is liable to pay the termination pay, which they have already done. So it is very difficult to get your job back.
However, it still depends on the employment contract that was initially signed. Since you have not provided us with the terms of the employment contract, so we suggest you to take help of an experienced attorney to get this clarified or share the same with us for us to guide you better.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Procedure to get the shop transferred in my name
- Can government employee join as a trustee in a trust
- Can sister in law take any legal action against family
- What is the procedure for filing a child custody case.
- Physically harassed by father how can I protect myself