quesCan i file a case against a co. for delay in salary and mental trauma?

I work in a company with about 20 employees in New Delhi. I want to sue the company for delaying payment of salary consistently. We usually get paid by the 10th of every month, but more than once, the payment has been delayed. I have my bank account statements to prove, and other employees are disgruntled as well.

The amount of inconvenience faced is beyond metaphorical. This is the last straw! Please guide me with your expertise as to how to go about it. Thank you.

We understand the pain and agony of your and your colleague's salaries being delayed despite the best efforts being put in by all of you in the best interest of the company.

We suggest the below mentioned remedies to get relief in this situation. These may be followed in the sequence they are being suggested:

1. Initially you may give a collective representation of your issues to your superior and the HRD, preferably in writing.

2. If no relief is noticed post this, a legal notice may be issued to the company.

3. Thereafter you may approach the labor authorities stating your woes.

4. If all the above fail to work, you may seek redressal before the Hon'ble Court.