Can I do anything if i am not promoted but eligible for the promotion?
I am working in one of the Public Sector Undertaking of Government of India in middle order executive post. Since last 10 years I have appeared 4 times in the internal interviews conducted by the departmental promotion committee of my company for promotion to the next higher level.
There are the criteria of 3 years working in the current cadre and then one year for every higher cadre. On all the 4 occasion I have not considered or promotion in all the 4 interviews. These interviews were held in year 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2014. Please advise.
We can guide you on the legal aspect only once you can apprise us of the reason/grounds due to which you are not being considered for the promotion.
We would suggest that you demand a reason in writing for denying you the promotion as you meet the set criteria.
Once you are given a reason in writing, thereafter, we would first suggest you to make representations to the Company to consider your promotion. If the same is rejected, then you can file a civil suit for declaration that you are entitled to promotion as per the Office criteria.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Documents and licences required to open NGO
- Can I request for ex parte order if matter is getting delayed
- Brother not accepting property share now can he claim later
- uncle bought plot through GPA. Can he now register it in name of son?
- Gazetted officer charged fine of Rs10000 for my expense.How to recover