quesCan I do anything if i am not promoted but eligible for the promotion?

I am working in one of the Public Sector Undertaking of Government of India in middle order executive post. Since last 10 years I have appeared 4 times in the internal interviews conducted by the departmental promotion committee of my company for promotion to the next higher level.

There are the criteria of 3 years working in the current cadre and then one year for every higher cadre. On all the 4 occasion I have not considered or promotion in all the 4 interviews. These interviews were held in year 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2014. Please advise.

We can guide you on the legal aspect only once you can apprise us of the reason/grounds due to which you are not being considered for the promotion.

We would suggest that you demand a reason in writing for denying you the promotion as you meet the set criteria. 

Once you are given a reason in writing, thereafter, we would first suggest you to make representations to the Company to consider your promotion. If the same is rejected, then you can file a civil suit for declaration that you are entitled to promotion as per the Office criteria.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only