Can I be terminated from my job while serving my notice period?
Can my employer terminate me during my notice period when I am serving my notice period post resignation. I had a tiff with my boss and I feel that my company might terminate me. However, I am planning to resign due to unfair treatment.
Can they still terminate me post resignation. I want to avoid this as this spoils my employment records.
No, the company cannot terminate your services once you have given your resignation and already serving your notice period. However, your boss has the power to exempt you from serving the notice period if he really wants you out of the office.
In case the company terminates you post your resignation and denies any of the benefits to which you were eligible at the time of leaving the company, then this action of the company can be challenged in the Court of law.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Negligence by bank as pension scheme not activated
- Can teacher beat a student who is under 18
- Developer sold land to me I sold to 3rd party can he mortgage the same
- Employee State insurance facility applicable in central govt. offices?
- Father had 2 wives. Now father and mother are dead.How to divide land?