Can employer take our drug test without our consent?
I am employed in a MNC. I have heard that the company is planning to do a narcotic test on the employees.
Can the company do if we do not give our consent?
Company cannot conduct any narcotic test on employee without his consent.
In the case Smt. Selvi vs. State of Karnataka the Supreme Court has held that narco, polygraph and brain mapping tests to be allowed after consent of the person only.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Parents have disowned brother. Bhabhi threatening to file false case.
- False cheque bounce case what is the remedy
- In laws filed case against me for murdering their daughter.What to do?
- Brother took over my father's property police is taking no action
- What is the meaning of purish