quesCan difference in documents make it difficult to get a government job?

Is there a problem if my documents have different details on them? My father passed away in 1991 when I was a kid and my mother re-married wherein my childhood documents like birth certificate, etc. have my biological father's name whereas the documents made later like license, election ID, etc. have my step father's name.


Can this difference create any problem for me later if I opt for a Govt. job? Also, is there a way that I can get the name changed on either set of the documents to make it consistent with the other set.


Please advice.


  • ans


    The so called 'problem' mentioned by you would be the situation with a lot of us as the reason of the different details on your documents is a very natural and common cause, and anyone challenging your documents on this ground would be apprised of the same.


    As long as you can justify and answer the cause behind it, we do not see a problem per se in having different details in your documents wherein apparently you must have 2 sets now - one prior to the time your father passed away and the others that were made post that.


    In your case, the cause in itself is justification enough. You can always submit an Affidavit stating the reason of the difference to the respective authorities as and when required, and it should ensure the acceptance of your documents.


    As far as the name change is concerned, while any error in spelling of a name can be corrected, the name in itself cannot be changed and is also not advisable as any such change, even if possible, would only be done on the basis of true and genuine facts and supporting proofs which will not be possible in your case.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Free Legal Advice - Labour & Service
Free Legal Advice - Labour & Service
Free Legal Advice - Labour & Service

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Parvez Ahamed

  Magrath Road
 Experience: 21 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly