Can company take me to court for collection of bond amount?
I work in an MNC in India. I signed a bond (on company letterhead paper not on stamp paper) of 5 Lakh, Due to some unavoidable circumstances i have to leave the company. But i don't have 5 lakh to pay the company. Can the company take me to Court or force me for this collection of bond amount? Need the advice on very urgent basis.
As per the recent judgments by SC and various High Courts nowadays bonds are not valid in India.
In India Bond is illegal w.r.t employment since as per the Indian Statute, bonded labor system was long abolished and no bond can force any person to work against the employees wishes.
Article 19 of Indian Constitution talks of fundamental rights, as per the Article 19 the Constitution the write work is a fundamental right, and under no circumstance does the Fundamental rights under Article 19 be waived by any person nor can any person be forced to do something that amounting to the violation of the rights mentioned under Article 19.
As per the Indian Contract Act contracts entered between two parties if is one sided then such contract would be null and void. Most of the Bonds are one sided.
Again as per the Indian Contract Act no contract can be enforced on any person if the contract which is being so enforced causes any harm to the person on whom it is enforced and if performed would violate principles of natural justices.
But however if the company has spent money on your training then you are liable to pay the money. However if no training was imparted by organisation then the bond is illegal.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How much time it takes to obtain divorce
- Brother's wife harassing my mother. What option does mother have?
- Gave laon to a relative through online transfer but not returning now
- What is the legality of arya samaj marriage
- Purchased share company register not showing name what can be done