Can company refuse commitment of warranty if original invoice missing?
Can a manufacturer / company insist on production of original invoice and refuse to honor its commitment of warranty offered for an article (spectacles) in case the buyer is unable to produce original invoice?
The invoice being computer generated at the time of sale by the seller and all details i.e. invoice no, date, amount, mob no. etc. etc all are available in the computer of the seller.
We have to examine the warranty policy and procedure, in case if in the warranty procedure it is mentioned that you have to produce original invoice in such a case you will have to produce the original invoice.
As an alternate measure, in case the warranty policy requires you to produce the original invoice, and if the invoice is computer generated by the retailer, you may approach the retailer and request for another copy of your purchase citing details like date, name, etc.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Son occupying DDA flat allotted to me how can I ask him to leave?
- What are the documents required for marrying a foreigner?
- Will I get Child custody and child support if I am working woman
- Pension not notified due to bigamy case
- Salary pending in old company. Not ready to give. What can i do?